The magnet boards fit, but they needed their own set of lights.
But the additional thickness of the fabric made the boards not quite line up with their screws. So in the process of trying to reattach them, I pushed the screws through the drywall. So I had to drag out the power drill, and drill holes, and put in anchors. I put the last two up today and am happy with the end result. And glad the whole mess is done. I really get unhappy when a project goes awry and takes an additional day to complete.
I also treated myself to this beautiful glass vase from IKEA (I visited it every time I was there, so on the last trip, I just went ahead and bought it.) It is a deep red color which really doesn't show in the picture. You will notice on the ceiling the tiny little lights that will illuminate the board area. It's hard to believe that something so small could result in so many trips to a store.
So as a cheer-me-up, I baked some blue berry pie yesterday. Our blue berry bushes are in over-drive this year... YAY! And there's nothing better than pie!