Monday, February 28, 2011

I am not fond of pattern companies... part 1

In fact, I think most pattern companies' offerings are ill fitting basics with little to no relevance with current fashion. Little girls styles are even worse!! There are many independent companies popping up that are starting to fill this void, but for me... I draft my own patterns.
Miss E is a baton twirler. Her coach requires basic black pieces for the practices. I cannot spend more than $10 on a booty short or capri when I know that $30 will buy me enough fabric for 4 booty shorts and 2 pairs of capris.

So here is the pattern...



and here is the result





It has been to many practices and one competition and works! I will post some of the variations next. I need to get my twirler to hold still so I can snap some pictures.

No comments: