Friday, September 09, 2011

Where have I been lately?  We have had a home repair project going on in the basement studio.  A few weeks ago, we noticed the wall mount bookshelves learning scarily away from the wall.  Upon closer inspection, we realized that the bookshelf was taking the dry wall with it.  It was not too bad so we didn't take immediate action.  However a week later there was a loud pop, some serious leaning, and a frantic unloading of the bookshelf.  I had to hold it against the wall and hand books to the kids.  They stacked the books all over the studio.


The white patch is where the hole was
The contents of bookshelves taking up my
new worktable space and the floor
and every other horizontal space
I have been working in piles and piles for a couple of weeks.  The semester started at the University, and I have a brand new freelance client.  The good news is that I could find my text books.  The bad news is that I cannot find an apparel industry reference book... and still can't.

Primed
Painted
 We decided to change the wall from its green to the same color as the rest of the studio.  We needed to bounce more light around.



New book shelf for the bottom and reinstalling the old shelving


We had several hundred pounds of books on the wall mount shelving.  Books are like an addiction for us.  I love books!  So we replaced the bottom couple of selves with a separate book case from IKEA that will hold the heaviest books.  Everything is back in place, but I need to take a picture of the final result.  
And did I mention that the spouse broke a florescent tube light bulb in the middle of all the this?  In the laundry room too!  The one room that is used daily in this house. That was a mess that took a whole day to clean up... as well as a lengthly trip to Home Depot to purchase plastic tube covers for all tubes in the light fixtures so this mess doesn't happen again.
I really want to work on some fun projects now.

1 comment:

3anklebiters said...

we have a remod project in our basement too! we removed the old ceiling finish and are retexturing and painting the man cave. the project list keeps growing as Rick looks at another wall and now he wants to add built-in bookselves.