Thursday, October 27, 2005

Unfortunately....

Unfortunately as I unfolded the Tammis Keefe tablecloth to wash it, I found a hole in it! Dang it! I've got to remember to unfold things all the way when I'm shopping. The hole is about 2" across, so it will need patching of some sort... maybe I can get creative with some table runners or somthing.

On a positive note, I finished a Tinkerbell costume for Miss E. The wings were extrememly challenging, as the cheap fabric that I selected unravelled right before my eyes. Eventually the wires were poking through and there were no seam allowances left. Darn my penny pinching.. I got sucked into buying the cheap fabric. So I re-made the wings entirely out of various fabrics that I had on hand. After 3 hours of working, my lovely daughter informed me that the wings were "pokey, too big, and make my tummy hurt". Ahhhh.... the insight of a 3 year old. After a lengthy break from the project, we returned to trying on the costume in the late afternoon, and it was a great success. So we had to take some pictures.....


2 comments:

mo said...

That is so cute! Looks like a holiday card to me!

Richelle said...

I just wrote you an e-mail asking what Elsie's costume would be....well...after reading your blog, I know!!! She looks adorable!