Monday, February 05, 2007

Moving in to the Basement!

The blog has been a little quiet lately. We've been gradually moving into the basement studio! Yay! We had to seriously clean out the guest room/Elsie's new room, because we were having house guests this weekend. Nothing like having company to make you clean... and boy, did this house need some cleaning. Anyway... Elsie's new room is fairly empty, so we are ready to commence with the floor painting. There is a LOT of stuff in the basement that needs sorting and organizing, so I'll post pictures in a bit. The stair guy is coming today to deliver the wood for the stairs. Maybe by the end of the week we will have official stairs and not these scary, temporary, open treads which, by the way, are becoming loose and wobbly.
My dearest and oldest friend, Ilena, came to visit this weekend with her family. We saw the Egypt exhibit at the Portland Art Museum, did some shopping (Anthropologie was amazing and inspiring), lots of eating, and a tour of some of the local skate parks. I completely forgot my camera, so have no pictures to post.
so I'll leave you with these images from the Anthropologie website:




I'm feeling the spring cleaning/spring redecorating urge... but I need to finish some other projects first.

No comments: