Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Craft and Project Update

I haven't posted any crafty things lately. Mostly because I keep forgetting to take pictures of things... or it has been so grey in Portland and the light is so bad that nothing photographs well. We have had 3 days of extremely cold but sunny weather, so I have no excuses.
Last year the spouse bought me the Naughty Needles knitting book. And I fell in love with these gorgeous ribbon laced mitts...



and this winter I finally knitted up some (please note the sunshine in the photo):



They are made of lambswool that I ordered from Ami Ami who apparently does not have a Canadian (meaning English) site anymore. I hope they bring it back. They have beautiful yarns.

The other big project has been finishing that laundry room. Here is the way it looked over a year ago when we were getting ready to start the basement remodel... and yes, this is what it looked like when I used it.



And now... look out Martha, I have a cool laundry room too!



ooooo.... SHINY! and CLEAN! with extra shelving behind the door. And a cool carpet square rug from FLOR. Eventually that little green shelf will hang above the sink.



And then... I finally put together a frame with some natural linen in the back to display my lovely enamel pins!



It almost looks like one of those crewel-work embroideries. I love it!

1 comment:

3anklebiters said...

i think i'm in L-O-V-E with your basement. ok, maybe i'm just a bit jealous because mine is still the before pics.