Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.
Mine started off with some serious gardening planning...



This is my favorite book for garden strategy...


As a firm believer in zonal denial, I constantly plant tropical plants for their beauty and outrageous foliage. Of course they don't last much past October, but until then they look great!

Then it was off to Portland Nursery for some inspiration and plant purchasing..





Honestly, I could just move in here.



Everything is so beautiful.



All the purchases have been planted, but they are not really showy yet... sort of small plants in big pots. We are supposed to get some very warm weather this week which should make things grow quickly. I'll post some pics once things start filling out.

No comments: