Thursday, August 11, 2011

Knitting Socks

I love to knit socks, but haven't done any knitting of socks for a few years. Miss E outgrew the last pair I made for her and Mister e has been wearing them. So I dug out this luscious melon-pink sock yarn that I bought when Miss E's feet were much smaller. There was enough yarn to make two socks when she was 2 or 3 years old. Now she is almost 9, so we had to improvise hence the large red toes.



I was working on the second sock outside and thought the yarn colors looked lovely with the potted plants.



The quality of work on these socks is rough to say the least. Good thing I was using up yarn and not using some fancy new purchase. I need to practice, and maybe try another sock pattern. This one wound up being too chunky looking... or maybe my tension is too loose. Will have to get back to you on this.

No comments: