There are some discrepancies between the picture on the front of the pattern and the actual dress. Most noticeably in the sleeve head. I am going to try pressing the seam allowance into the body to get some of that puff to de-puff. I even took the sleeves out once and trimmed some off the cap area, but I think I need to reduce the width of the sleeve at the cap as well. This would require a total recut, so I think I will try some seam allowance manipulation and serious pressing before I take it apart again. Also the bodice is more poofy that I thought it would be. It has tucks at the waist rather than darts. Again, the pattern picture that I found is much more smooth. Also the model appears to have a 19" waist and sloping shoulders which probably helps the overall proportions. So not my shape.
I agonized over the button choices and have to resist the urge to go buy more buttons... which I do NOT need.
|Assortment of grey/green|
|Love the hot pink....|
|Not enough of the roses for the whole front|
|I settled on these large black 4-hole buttons|