Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dreary, rainy day

It has been raining an unusual amount in Portland this January. Consequently most days are dark and overcast... making it very difficult to stay motivated. I would prefer to curl up on the couch with my knitting, some tea, and a stack of Audrey Hepburn movies and not move until spring arrives. However that is not at all compatable with Miss Elsie's schedule.... I can always dream.
For fun, I took one of my dragon wing begonias that I'm over-wintering in the house and added some bright moss to his pot. I think it's rather striking and brings in some springy feel to the dining room.

I had to use the manual setting on my digital camera to catch enough light. It's a little blurry, but I had to breathe.

The basement is coming along. We are in the process of painting the cement storage ledge with oil base paint which makes the whole house stink.... but it does seal up the walls nicely and seals out the bugs. Speaking of which, I found two of these when I was moving boxes off the ledge...

... centipedes are my least, least favorite crawly thing. I squashed one, but the other got away. I'm hoping the paint fumes gassed him.

1 comment:

my house is cuter than yours said...

Your plant looks lovely!the bug...icky!