Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Projects and Plans for the New Year

Now that I'm finally well (8 weeks later), I'm doing a lot of much needed house cleaning and sorting. Apparently my spring cleaning urge happens about 3 months early. There are also some home projects that need tackling. My current studio situation is a disaster when I'm in production mode....



This next part, I'm almost embarrased to post... but, here goes.... We want to turn our unfinished and full basement....



.... into a joint studio space for the spouse and myself. There would be plenty of room for my sewing machines and fabric stash, as well as space for his letter press and never ending supply of "raw materials"... more on that later. The new West Elm catalog arrived, and it is full of beautiful airy rooms... white floors and orange and yellow. It makes me want to get moving now. But as you can see from the previous picture, some serious cleaning needs to be done.
For now I can dream about storage...

I really like these cabinets from IKEA. With the glass fronts, I will be able to see what is inside at all times.
As far as overall design for the space, it has to work with both of our styles. We are leaning toward Mid-Centry Modern Pad with Tiki overtones and maybe some James Bond thrown in.


... maybe we are little bit conflicted... I'll keep you posted on this project.

No comments: