Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have taken a break from the blog to take care of a sick girl for the past several days. However, she has made a full recovery and is ready for preschool this morning.
We made some frosted Valentine sugar cookies this weekend....

This is my mom's recipe which produces a far superior sugar cookie than the thin crispy kind you buy in the store. These puff up about 1/2" thick and are soft. They are as close to shortbread as you can get without actually making shortbread... they are really close though, they have 1-1/2 cups of butter plus 1/8 cup. Yummy!
Elsie had a great time frosting little piles of decoration in the middle of her cookies. We had to change frosting tips frequently, so I think I need to get some more bags. Toward the end, we spent more time changing tips than squirting frosting. I think we wound up with 4 dozen beautifully frosted cookies.

No comments: