Friday, February 17, 2006

UFO Report

Over the winter I've started many knitting/crochet projects without finishing them. Here's a sampling of my Unfinished Object situation....
the scarf using the vintage crochet pattern that I found...

My mom bought me this beautiful baby alpaca/silk yarn, but I do not have enough of one color to do an entire project. Since the yarn was a gift from a year ago, I don't think I'll be able to match the colors, so I'm going to do the scarf half and half. The second half will be in the warm mango-yellow yarn still in ball form.

This is the skirt that I was knitting this winter for Elsie....

... unfortunately I did it wrong and did not wind up with a tube skirt with a ruffle at the bottom. It is supposed to look like this skirt that Mo made for Miss M. I did not reduce enough stitches at the hem and wound up knitting the entire body double wide! This is a candidate for an unravelling. It's a fuzzy yarn, so it's going to be a pain, but I can't figure out how to finish it. Elsie has such a tiny waist, that by the time I draw it in to fit her, it will be so bulky that it may be uncomfortable to wear.

and my latest undertaking, the wrap sweater for Miss E

This is my first attempt at a garment. Hopefully I will finish it before she grows.

1 comment:

Ilena said...

Awesome JOB you are so creative. Keep it up a little each night and I'll bet you'll have it done in no time. Don't forget the wine while knitting.