Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another blanket...

I'm making another small knit blanket for Ewan. The first one turned out really well and is the perfect size for the stroller or car seat. He even naps under it sometimes. The second one will have 4 squares. Then the squares will be joined with a red whip stitch. I'm trying to use up yarn on hand, so I'll wind up with two blue squares, one pale green, and one blue/grey heather.



It's sort of like knitting 4 dishrags....



I thought the red added a nice masculine touch and didn't make the project look so "baby". Even though he is a baby, I didn't want it to be baby specific... in case he wants to keep using it as a little boy. This one will be slightly bigger than the last one... about 24" x 24".
I started some painting in Elsie's new room today. It shouldn't take too long to paint the whole thing. We still have things to move out, but with the basement not far enough along to use, everything is winding up in the dining room...



This is also my make shift sewing/craft area, but I can't use the dining table for cutting because it's full. The electric should be done at the end of this week, and then we can move things into the storage area in the basement. That should alleviate some of the mess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute blanket. I am sure little Ewan will love it! I love the colors.