Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Back Home to Portland

I have been AWOL from my blog. I have spent the last week and a half in Idaho at my parent's house and at the University of Idaho and in Las Vegas. Last year I started teaching a summer course at the U of I (Adobe Illustrator for Apparel Design). It was received very well, so I was invited back to teach again. I have a bigger class this time, but things seems to be going well. I have some flexibility with the class dates, so I lined it up with our 10 year anniversary.... so we could conveniently leave the kids with my parents and jet off to Las Vegas for a 3 nights.
It was really, really hot... 115 degrees on some days. We had our vows renewed by an Elvis impersonator... which was SWEET!... and made me giggle. He made about $20 a minute... pretty good wages if you can sing and act like The King. And we did a fair amount of shopping... because it was air-conditioned.

Anne Fontaine does the most beautiful shirts...



Chloe had some of their early fall in...


I love the pink tweedy-ness of this jacket.

... and Nanette Lepore was having a sale!



... so in I went and bought a fabulous knit dress.
We flew back to the farm yesterday and drove home today.. 7 and a half hours with neither kid asleep for longer than 20 minutes. I'm beat! I haven't even checked on the status of my garden, but it sort of rained this evening, so I figure I can water tomorrow.

1 comment:

3anklebiters said...

happy anniversary! 10 years is big milestone.