Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm dancing this Friday and Saturday!

I've been taking ballet classes at the Laurelhurst Studio here in Portland for the past few years. I love the Creative Director of the studio and the teachers... and most of all the other adult ballet students. We are a happy bunch and get a kick out of trying things. It's a great workout and a lot of laughs with the usual gang. Every spring the studio puts on a spring dance performance... and this year I am in it.... after much prodding and encouragement from my fellow students, I might add....
It is this Friday, May 29, and Saturday, May 30 at 7pm at the DaVinci School here in Portland if you want to come and watch. Our piece is called Softy Etude.



The students from the Youth Ballet in Training program dance in the majority of the pieces.. and they are really, really good. And then there are all sorts of pieces from the other classes. Many of the students have choreographed dances too.

No comments: