Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm ready for summer....

I have washed off the porch and moved my christmas cacti out...



summer can start now. And since I was outside with my camera, I thought I would wander around and see what's blooming, since I really haven't spent much time outside for the last two weeks.
This is a David Austin English Rose... Alexander Hamilton.. I think... although it might be the Pat Austin, but since it is the first blooming, it is not blooming true to color... still it is lovely...



... and these lovely iris...



I bought them soley for the name "Caesar's Brother". Who knew Caesar had a brother? (I'm sure it was the iris plant brother of in iris called Caesar... but it does make you wonder.) It was on Portland Nursery's discount dying plant table... just add water.

2 comments:

3anklebiters said...

It is all so beautiful.

Ilena said...

Hey awesome! I love the blue both the chairs and the iris. What is the name of the bulb? Very inviting. I'll be over in July for lemonade! Love ya! Ilena