Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eloise

I have had a long love affair with Eloise from the Plaza. I have also greatly admired her creator, Kay Thompson.... who took the color pink to new heights with the song "Think Pink" from Funny Face.



We have greatly enjoyed the Eloise movies with Julie Andrews as Nanny too. Both actresses are the epitome of their storybook counterparts.



Therefore... Miss Elsie was seized with great inspiration... riding high on the success of Halloween costuming... and flamboyantly requested an Eloise costume to wear for Christmas. It was NOT to be a Christmas present, but rather her official Christmas outfit. I was able to get the skirt and blouse done (on Christmas Eve, no less) before succumbing to the flu. I put on the straps today.



I think it turned out rawther well.....

2 comments:

mo said...

So cute! We watche dparts of that movie three or four times over the holiday. I love the idea of living in a fancy hotel- so much fun!

3anklebiters said...

very, very cute!