Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Basement Update

As I type, our alarm guy is moving some wires (read as tucking them up and out of sight) and an electrician is also doing the same with the jumble of wires in our basement ceiling. Each of the previous owners of this house put their own spin on do-it-yourself home wiring. We have an interesting woven pattern of wires criss-crossing the ceiling... which we are planning on leaving unfinished and spraying white. We also have a Gordian knot of plumbing, but that's a story for another time.
This is officially the start of the remodel. Hopefully Dave and I will be able to move a cabinet this weekend and tape the layout of the new walls onto the floor. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! I was starting to get depressed due to lack of progress. It's no fun to spend all winter cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and then 3 months of planning, planning, planning, and nothing happens.
Since I haven't posted any pictures lately (and what fun is a blog without pictures), here is a photo of our bubble princess in the bath....

No comments: