Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day... weekend, actually

I hope all the mommies I know had a wonderful Mother's Day.... and you all remembered to call your mothers to wish them a Happy Mother's Day. Here in Portland, the weather was gorgeous... so of course I over did it in the garden. By 8pm, I was so stiff I could hardly get up from the table!
On Saturday, Elsie requested a Family Movie Night and sleepover in Mommy and Daddy's bed. Since we have watched every family movie we own at least 20 times, we thought we would purchase a new one. We bought Nanny McPhee. If you have not seen this movie, it is a gem. The set design and colors are fantastic bordering on the surreal and getting more so as the story takes off. In the children's room, each of the seven children have their own bed. Each bed has what appears to be a handmade coverlet- one with granny squares, another quilt in a log cabin pattern. I need to see it again just to focus in on the detail.

Mother's Day morning came at 6:30am as my offspring woke up and then woke me up to ask "Where is Daddy?" who was downstairs making breakfast. So Elsie and I curled up in bed to watch some Disney channel for a bit (no Charlie and Lola this morning unfortunately). Dave brought the breakfast upstairs, so I had a lovely breakfast in bed and then received some fabulous Mother's Day booty downstairs. Elsie and Dave had given me a large bouquet of Gerbera daisies the day before which I had been thoroughly enjoying. Then I received a stack of Green and Black's chocolate and a printout of the Cath Kidston umbrella I wanted (the printout was to show that the umbrella had indeed been ordered and was just not here yet).
Then we headed for Portland Nursery for some general plant wandering and shopping. Followed by 8 hours of intense gardening, planting, cleaning, etc... an excellent day! I fell asleep at 9:30pm and slept soundly until this morning... when getting out of bed was a challenge due to sore muscles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the interesting, bold colors in Nanny McPhee too. Very Oilily (http://www.oilily-world.com/)