Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Still painting... and basement-ing...

In the previous pictures of my living room, there is still some peach paint on the fireplace surround. That peach color combined with the yellowed-white trim made everything look dingy. I painted over the last of the peach this morning! It looks all fresh and tidy now. It's amazing how dirty a house gets just by living in it. I don't consider myself a poor housekeeper, but I'm amazed at the build-up that accumulates on the floorboards and in the corners of the trim. Yuck! What wouldn't wash off has now been painted over in white. I still need to paint the inside of the shelves (robins egg on the back with white shelves), but I'll save that for this weekend, I think.
We have finalized the plans on the basement and are awaiting a bid and start date. I can hardly wait!!!! I am now at 27 weeks, so that leaves 13 weeks to do the basement, paint Elsie's new room and get her moved in. We also want to do a little redecorating in the nursery (changing the hot pink to robins egg), but the little man won't be in there until he's 3 months, so we have a some time. I am getting impatient, however. I am not good at waiting.
We have one other large item to sell out of the basement- the Climbing Wall. We are asking $475 and the plywood with screwholes comes with it as well as 130 holds and a finger board. If you know anyone in Portland who wants it send them my way....

No comments: