Friday, June 30, 2006

Aaaahhhh.... summer....

Finally summer has arrived in Portland. Of course it came in with triple digits, I think we topped out at 103 degrees. Much too warm for this pregnant lady, but now it is pleasant with highs in the upper 80's. We have been dining most evenings in the back yard. We have a wonderful back yard that I have managed to over-landscape, but it's lush and green and a great sanctuary to relax in. I found some cushions for my yard-sale-find wicker set....



Attractive outdoor cushions were almost impossible to find this time of year. Every store was closing them out and what was left was either really ugly or not the right size. The chairs are 20" wide which apparently is 2" wider than a standard chair cushion. So I started looking at 20" square floor cushions and found these babies at Crate and Barrel. The blue cushions and pillows are sunbrella and repel water really well. I accidentally let them have it with the spinkler and no harm done. The green cushion on the setee is not and neither are the little multi-stripe pillows, but everything looked so good together, I just went for it. Crate and Barrel was having a really good sale.

Here's another look at the color in my living room...

I like it more every day. The flowers are from the spouse for our 8 year anniversary.

No comments: