Saturday, July 01, 2006

Project Update

Here is my progress on Elsie's sweater. This is what it is supposed to look like...

... and here is what I have knitted so far...

... It really rolls a lot. I hope this is normal. I will block the pieces before joining, so hopefully they will lay flatter. I had to purchase stitch holders for this project which means my skills are advancing... I think. I love to purchase new equipment. I have a whole sewing basket full of various needles, crochet hooks, and stitch markers. The next challenge with this project is picking up stitches which I have not done before. I have a how-to-knit book with good pictures and lots of friends who knit, so I should be able to figure it out. If not, I'll just head over to the Sipperie at the Yarn Garden and they can answer my questions.

No comments: