Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's my birthday!

Today is my 36th birthday! My birthday and Christmas are my two favorite holidays... and lucky for me they occur 6 months apart rather than right next to each other. It spreads out the goodies. I've borrowed an idea from my dear friend Stacey who celebrates her birthday the entire month of June rather that just one day. Genius! So I started celebrating Sunday with a trip to the antique expo. I love the summer one the best. The outdoor vendors have so many great textiles and vintage sewing goodies... and they are waaaay less expensive than the vendors inside (who always seem to have the same thing show after show).
I found this beautifully embroidered dresser scarf and two enamel pins. One pin was an absolute steal and the other was a bit of a splurge.... oh well, it's my birthday...

... and then some more vintage sewing patterns. They were $2 each which was reasonable....

Next I found this great tablecloth in a booth where everything was half off. I paid a whopping $5. There is one stain that I think I can get out and no tears...

The spouse bought me this fabulous calla lily drip glaze pot to add to my collection. Thanks, honey!!! He found it in a booth filled with tools and other dark things. Goes to show, it pays to really look hard sometimes.

... the little white pot was a birthday present this morning.... as well as these great pin cards...

which I think I will frame and hang in the basement studio... whenever that project is finished. Next photo are the lovely, handmade cards from Elsie. She is now drawing flowers and they are so adorable. I think this grouping needs to be framed and hung in her new bedroom... another project that needs starting and finishing.

And from my wonderful in-laws, these pink garden supplies. A brand new pair of leather gloves, garden clogs, and a kneeling mat. I'm so excited! My old leather gloves have too many holes and offer no protection from the roses... and the clogs are so cute and cheery. They will be a great replacement for my current garden clogs which the spouse has always called my "Ugly Shoes".

The birthday extravaganza continues tomorrow as we fly to San Francisco for 5 days! I can hardly wait to visit Britex - the ultimate fabric mecca. If the Greeks threw a fabric orgy, this would be the location... and it's within walking distance to our hotel... what could be better!

No comments: