Monday, September 18, 2006

Just waiting....

Still here and still pregnant. Several times over the weekend, I had some strong contractions that raised my hopes, but they never amounted to more than three or four at a time. So here I sit... huge and tired. There are lot of things that I want to do, but just don't have the energy. I did some cleaning this morning and did some laundry. Just maintaining the house is overwhelming, let alone managing all the projects going on. Luckily my parents will be here tomorrow to help. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. So if I haven't had the baby by then, my doctor will schedule an induction (inducement?)... maybe even that night! Yay! The light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter.
For now here is the basement progress...
Here is the before, taken in January....


and the current state of things...


and our new stairs...

you can kind of see how things are coming together with the bathroom. We had to move the furnace and will be replacing quite a bit of the duct work. The plumbers are coming today to move some supply lines and then the furnace guy comes on Wednesday to reinstall the furnace. Hopefully the framer can come Thurs or Fri and finish the framing. And somewhere in all this, we will be having a baby!
Here is the little stroller/car seat blanket I've been working on. It's about 21" square, so just big enough to cover, but not drag on the ground.

I was using it as a chance to practice picking up stitches. That is how the rib border is attached to the body. I think I should have used a size smaller needles for the rib. It's a little big and wavy, but the whole blanket is very soft, so it sort of works. I'm working on another small blanket now. They are good for using up bits and pieces of yarn.

No comments: