Saturday, April 29, 2006

Springtime and flowers....

I have been spending a lot of time in the yard over the last two weeks... doing a bit of weeding, planting and pruning. Things are looking so bright and flowery! Here are some of the flowers that I have been enjoying...





Miss Elsie's house all duded-up for the summer....

... we planted her pots a few days ago.
The yard and flower beds look really great through June and then everything starts to slide downhill. I have quite a few beautiful dahlias that start to flower in July, but the yard just doesn't have the same wow factor as May and June. I need to do some research and find out what I can plant that will give me some mid-summer punch. Maybe I should plant cosmos seeds where ever there is any soil peeking out. They grow easily from seed and bloom in a whole range of colors...hmmm.

No comments: