Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another low energy day....

Yesterday, Miss Elsie and I took our friend Larissa and her very new baby, Miss Bea- 7 weeks old, to the Oregon Zoo for 2 hours. The new cougar exhibit was open, and we were excited to see it. Unfortunately it was too hot, so the cougars were napping and not moving... which translates as "impossible to see by an almost 4-year old". Apparently the 2 hours were about 1-1/2 hours too long for me. I came home absolutely exhausted and not feeling well. I spent the rest of the day and evening on the couch propped up with pillows.
I finished another set of socks and a hat for the new little man.....



I think he probably has enough of these things now... and I hope he doesn't arrive with large feet, or some of these socks will not fit him.
I also received part of my Amazon order this week. I treated myself to this beautiful book from Cath Kidston...



... and being too pooped to fire up the scanner, I snapped a few quick pictures of the inside.


It makes me want to tackle some projects, but I just can't do anything for awhile. Dave will be moving my sewing machines and equipment down to the first floor this evening, since climbing the stairs is getting too difficult. It's more of a once a day event now... I come down in the morning and go back up in the evening. Maybe with my stuff down here with me I'll complete that maternity dress I have cut out.
Just a quick basement update... our new windows are being installed as we speak... YAY!

No comments: