Thursday, August 31, 2006

Made it through the 4th birthday...

Although I'm completely exhausted and had to get up early to let the plumbers in, we had a successful 4th birthday party last night at my in-laws.
Elsie helped me bake and frost her cake....



okay... maybe the black frosting wasn't such a great idea. But the cake turned out really well....




























I even managed to spend a little time sitting and finally finishing this 1x1 knit hat for the new little man.



I just wanted something really simple since the yarn had so much going on. Recognize the yarn? It's from the dog/pod foot sock from a few posts ago. I unravelled and re-knitted. I kept loosing count for the stitch reductions at the crown and would wind up with 2 or 3 left over stitches. I don't know how many times I had to rip back and start over, but I perservered and am happy with the hat. Now it's time to move onto some other projects.
I talked to Dad this morning and he's doing much, much better. What a relief! He sounds more lively and happy. His pain is pretty well gone which is what the doctors were waiting for. Hopefully he can go home soon.

No comments: